Explaination of "Jump" and "Alpha" parameters

This post explains the parameter meanings of both “Jump” and “Alpha” for proposals in the Votes section of the forum.

Parameters

Parent court: The parent court of this court. Jurors staking in this court must also stake in the parent one. Disputes which “jump” go to the parent court.

Juror fee: The arbitration fees which are paid to jurors. If some jurors are considered ‘incoherent’, their arbitration fee is split between the other jurors.

Jurors for jump: The minimum number of jurors after which an appeal “jump” to the parent court. This is the minimum number before the appeal, not after.

(ex: JurorsForJump=100, there are currently 80 jurors, the first appeal does not lead to a jump, but on the second there are 161 jurors before the appeal so it leads to a jump).

Minimum Stake: The minimum amount of PNK required to stake into this court.

Alpha: The amount of tokens which are redistributed from incoherent jurors expressed in proportion of “Minimum Stake”. For example if minimum stake is 10 000 PNK and alpha is 30%, 3 000 is redistributed from each incoherent juror.

2 Likes

Currently, I’ve noticed Jurors for jump being 255.

I think it’s a high number.

I don’t think there are that many PNK holders above minimum staking threshold.

Currently

• Initially there are 3 jurors.
  • Next round 7 (3*2 + 1)
  • Next next round 15 (7*2 +1)
  • Next next next round 31 (15*2 + 1)
  • Next next next next round 63 (31*2 + 1)
  • Next next next next next round 127 (63*2 + 1)
  • Next next next next next next round 255 (127*2 + 1)

Currently (Mon 13th May 2019) the biggest vote was 15: https://tokens.kleros.io/badge/0x916deaB80DFbc7030277047cD18B233B3CE5b4Ab/0x8069080a922834460C3A092FB2c1510224dc066b

I think that 255 is not realistic and excessive.

2 Likes

Well 255 in the general court would be 51 ETH of arbitration fees which seems high but reasonable.
Most people would stop appealing way before going there but it’s important for it to be high to defend against bribing attacks.

1 Like

It would be nice to find this part in the Kleros documentation (in the court section for example: Court - Kleros), especially for those who are not familiar with Kleros.

Another point, the name of the alpha variable is wrong because it’s generic and not explicit. Something like partOfLoseStake seems better.

1 Like

DeWork this task - https://app.dework.xyz/kleros/board

udpate the docs based on the forum post

alpha is already in the code, cannot rename the variable just like that?

Thanks for the link (but the site is down for the moment :’/ ).

Yes but maybe for the v3…

Loads of people asking about v2, not released yet?

This is how it looks on my machine, right now. Maybe some permissions are required to view the board?

I genuinely think the board should be public - more work available means more incentive to join.

Empty board? Ghosttown. Why bother.

(jumping through some hops, logging in, connecting wallet, minting NFTs, it all takes some effort)

Sorry my coworking space block some (crypto) websites and yes I was talking about about v2 :sweat_smile:

For my part it’s empty… indeed what is the point of not making it public?

There is a v2 project board in Github which is private at the moment.

The repository are here:
GitHub - kleros/kleros-v2: Kleros version 2 (arbitration)
GitHub - kleros/vea: Vea bridge (bridge)