Looking at potential realitio cases, here are some ideas about general policies.
Default meaning provides clarification for terms and behaviour which can be often used but may suffer from ambiguity of interpretation.
They can be overridden by court policies and primary documents.
- Times default to UTC time.
- Time defaults to Unix time (number of seconds that have elapsed since 00:00:00 Thursday, 1 January 1970).
- Dates default to jj/mm/yyyy and jj/mm/yy.
- Rounding defaults to the nearest integer, round half toward 0 (ex: 5.6 rounds to 6, -1.5 rounds to -1).
- Units defaults to SI units.
- Amounts of decimals for cryptocurrencies and tokens default to 18.
- In case information on monetary values is sought, the default currency will be USD.
Any other default ideas?