Hey. I’m unsure of the format, please let me know how to make it more KIP like.
Airdrop a flat PNK amount to every human registered in PoH.
A future date will be set to make a snapshot of PoH users. From that snapshot, an amount of PNK that will be determined in this KIP will be delivered to every PoH user.
Recent concerns have been made over the PNK amounts held by some Kleros users. Big stacks does not necessarily clash with the incentives needed to make a decentralized court work, but it creates edge cases. To be specific, around gray disputes in the eyes of the public.
If a holder possesses a significant amount (>10%) of all staked PNK, they can effectively, for highly incoherent disputes (say, 60% A - 40% B), choose whatever ruling that suits them. And even for moderately incoherent disputes, they can, in practice, become a schelling point themselves due to their size. This occurs even with commit reveal in place, because a vote can be predictable accross rounds.
PoH is the sybil resistant option of choice because:
- It’s a product that leverages Kleros as Arbitrator, so it would be a retroactive reward to users that relied on Kleros, hardening the ecosystem.
- It’s big and decentralized.
- Many users are familiar with Kleros in some way, and would get them to participate.
The snapshot date is a future date to incentivize more humans to register in PoH in the meanwhile. I don’t see a point on cutting an arbitrary past date for this, since it is hard to exploit (apart from farmers).
PNK_AMOUNT = 1_000_000_000_000_000_000_000 SNAPSHOT_DATE = TBD
The human readable
PNK_AMOUNT is equal to 1000 PNK.
SNAPSHOT_DATE, that will be a future date, produce a snapshot of all PoH registered users. Then, from that snapshot, create a redeemable merkle drop contract that drops
PNK_AMOUNT once per PoH registered user. This contract will be deployed in Gnosis Chain, to make redeeming the PNK as low friction as possible. It will also allow these humans to stake in Kleros Court in Gnosis Chain and interact with it, especially, when PoH v2 is deployed there.
It is known that farmers are rampant in PoH. If this is considered to be a serious concern, there are options:
- One way is to push a HIP that enforces removal of sybils and farmers. Then, only generate the snapshot when some time has been awarded to PoH to clear the sybils.
- Another way is, if there was resistance or the clearing was not effective, manually curating a blacklist of sybils. This list then would be voted as a middle stage to implementing this KIP.
- Finally, it could just be ignored and accepted as collateral damage.