I’m writing this post to let you know to all of you that since today, klerosboard.com has a subscription mechanism to reveal some features. Some time ago I’ve made a small twitter poll asking if the community think that this could work and received a lot of good feedback.
The hole idea behind this is to create a UBI sink mechanism where most of the donations are used to burn some $UBI using ubiburner. To do that, I’ve deployed a SC which using the donate function you can send some eth to the SC and most of that ETH it’s forwarded to the SC of Ubiburner. I’ve said most of that ETH because a % it’s kept in the SC as a maintenance fee where the maintainer (myself) can withdaw it. To make it more community based, the ownership of the SC has been transferred to the Kleros Governor, so I can’t made any decision on that SC, just the Kleros Community with they voting power can make proposal and changes. The SC it’s quite simple and has a few parameters to change:
- Monthly ETH needed (setted at 0.2 ETH per month)
- Maintainer address
- Maintenance Fee (it’s in 10% and can be changed but by code it’s limited to 50%).
The idea and how it’s implemented it’s this:
To reveal some hidden features in klerosboard, the community has to reach some monthly donation goal (the SC value for monthly eth). If that amount it’s reached, in the next month the features will be revealed to all the visitors of the site. To incentivize users to donate and don’t wait to other do for you, if your wallet has donated 1/20 of the monthly goal in the past 365 days, that hidden features will be revealed for you. Of course, you need to be logged in with your wallet to see that features. That 1/20 it’s hardcoded in the website frontend, I compromised my self to not change that value, if I do, please make a forum proposal to remove myself as maintainer of the site in the SC to block me to withdraw the maintenance fees.
TL;DR: If you donate 0.2 / 20 = 0.001 ETH (~30 usd) to the cause, you will be able to see all the klerosboard site for a year, doesn’t sound bad, don’t?
What are the hidden features?
- Jurors wallets: You will be able to see the jurors vote, but not who has voted
- Other jurors profile: You will be able to see only the general metrics of that juror, but not their stakes or votes. You will be always available to see you own juror profile as was until today.
- Jurors wallet from courts: You will be able to see the amount staked by some address, but not to identify that address.
- Jurors Leader board (I’m working on a jurors leader board to rank jurors according to amount of votes, performance, etc, and that will be hidden too).
Hope the community join me to support the UBI and Klerosboard and start donate to the cause.