New Sub Court: Onboarding Court

Dear fellow free justice enthusiasts,

I propose to create a new sub court Onboarding Court, as a new branch to the general court, with the following parameters:

parent: 0 (General Court)
hiddenVotes: false
minStake: 1000 PNK
alpha (part of minStake which is at stake in each draw): 10%
feeForJuror: 0.01 ETH
jurorsForCourtJump: 255
timesPerPeriod: [140400,291600,291600,194400] Each of them are half of general court.

Name: Onboarding

Description:
Court Purpose :

• Allow new jurors to get a feel of Kleros by solving a variety of small disputes.
  • Allow projects considering Kleros use to have some disputes solved with Kleros in order to compare Kleros results with other methods.

Summary:
Policies: Disputes should be relatively simple. They should require less than 1 hour to solve.

Required Skills:
No particular skills are required.

This court will serve as a training court for newcomers and a testbed for anyone wants to try the court with low amounts for their arbitrable applications. It will be very easy to get drawn as it’s a different branch to general court and it won’t attract whales from other branches as it’s not profitable to move one’s stakes from non-technical branch to this branch.

Update: Proposal updated according to the suggestion of @clesaege.

4 Likes

Sounds great Ferit. I think the halved period timings along with the low fee should allow for many jurors to try the court in real conditions.

1 Like

I think we still want economic incentives to be in place, otherwise it could provide result significantly worse than other Kleros courts and scare off potential integration.

Parameters could be:

minStake: 1000 PNK
alpha (part of minStake which is at stake in each draw): 10%
feeForJuror: 0.01 ETH
jurorsForCourtJump: 255
timesPerPeriod: [140400,291600,291600,194400] Each of them are half of general court.
1 Like

We also need some description.

Name: Onboarding

Description:
Court Purpose:

• Allow new jurors to get a feel of Kleros by solving a variety of small disputes.
  • Allow projects considering Kleros use to have some disputes solved with Kleros in order to compare Kleros results with other methods.

Summary:
Policies: Disputes should be relatively simple. They should require less than 1 hour to solve.

Required Skills:
No particular skills are required.

1 Like

What does this parameter mean ?

If more jurors required, then pick jurors from all the courts, pretty much every juror on Kleros.

(it hasn’t happened yet)

Someone more knowledgable surely can correct me.

That’s the amount of drawn jurors required for the dispute to “jump” into the parent court.

Ok that’s clear, thanks.

I agree with your suggestion @clesaege, I’m updating my proposal according to your suggestion.