Proposal - community - communication - Telegram (juror channel) and Slack revitalisation

Telegram

Currently most of the discussions are about pixels, quality of the logo, whether the name has proper capitalization and whether we use the latest brand colours.

Some other important topics

• escrow
  • realito
  • esperanto (noticed a few new commits)
  • dev onboarding (noticed some questions recently)
  • real life integrations
  • blockchain week in NYC
  • partnerships

There is a Telegram dedicated for trading.

There should be a channel dedicated for 2px logo discussions.

In that way there will be more space for meaningful strategic high-level discussion.

Slack

Currently, it’s rather empty.

Reminds me of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

The theory suggests that policing methods that target minor crimes such as vandalism, public drinking, and fare evasion help to create an atmosphere of order and lawfulness, thereby preventing more serious crimes.

If Slack was better maintaned, there would be more discussions.

I suggest the following new channel layout:

1. Announcements (only admins, new blogposts)
  2. General (Kleros focused)
  3. Random (not Kleros, anything and everything)
  4. Support Help Questions Feedback
  5. Dev Technical Support
  6. Press / Ethereum News / Reading
  7. Research Math Game Theory
  8. Pilot: Doges
  9. Pilot: Tokens
  10. Pilot: Escrow
  11. Twitter bot
  12. Github bot
  13. Build bot

Forum

The forum allows users to spend a few minutes into forming a precise thought, not real-time back and forth.

I became too engaged on Telegram.

It had negative effect to my focus and concentration.

(that’s why I voluntarily left the channel)

I’m not here to tell you what to do. I’m just a guy on the internet - I have no authority to tell you what to do. I’m putting these proposals to a discussion with the intention to empower the community.

More space for meaningful indepth discussion.

5 Likes

There is a Telegram dedicated for juror: https://t.me/klerosjuror

@m as admin :fire::fire::fire:

I propose we encourage more activity on the forums. I think it’s a loss for the community if lots of meaningful discussions are buried within the Telegram channel, only read by the most active members.

1 Like

Very good suggestion. Totally agree. We should direct all discussions to forum once it is getting deeper.:grin:

Slack may look empty if you look at public channels, but that’s where most of the work discussions are made. It’s used by the Kleros Coop but also by people integrating with Kleros. So yeah, that’s a good idea to add more public channels.

Some Slack discussion: https://kleros.slack.com/archives/C7ZBH0ZTM/p1580593819007900

I would like to limit distractions (endless Telegram chat) and focus on more in-depth work.

Reducing Slack channels:

• #dev
  • #research
  • #general
  • #random
  • one per dapp (or one for all dapps)
  • announcements (only admins, new blogposts)
  • bots (github, twitter)
  • bots (court activity, evidence, new cases)

Also the discussion about Discord (various guys mentioned that), I’m generally open-minded, convince me the new thing is 10x better and I will have incentives to move: Slack (premium), Telegram, Discord, Matrix / Riot, Mattermost, rocket.chat, Keybase - productivity, transparency, open-source?