Based on some of the discussions in Revisiting T2CR Policy I propose the following, limited changes to the T2CR listing policy that, while perhaps not addressing for now all of the points that people raised, seem common enough to the different approaches to (hopefully) find a consensus, addressing some of these issues while not adding a lot of complexity to the policy.
“Minor issues with token symbols that are not visible to the naked eye when the symbol is displayed at a size of 10 cm by 10 cm should not be a basis for rejection.”
“Any common capitalization usage, not necessarily the most common, is acceptable.”
“and at most 2500x2500px” (from the condition that currently reads “The token symbol should be a transparent PNG of at least 128x128px and at most 2500x2500px. It should not weight more than 1MB.”. This is based on the reasoning that this condition is redundant as there is also a file size limit.)
“It should not weight more than 1MB.” to say “It should not have a size of more than 1MB.” (This reformulation should hopefully be somewhat clearer and fixes the typo currently present.)
Hence, the policy would then read:
- The name should be the most commonly used name to refer to the asset. It does not necessarily need to be the official name given by project creators nor the one in the token contract.
- Suffixes such as, but not limited to: “Token”, “Coin” should generally be avoided, unless a name with suffix is already well established.
- Names should be treated like brand names (spelling wise). This means that the correct spelling is dictated by the project owners, unless consensus forms around a different spelling. Any common capitalization usage, not necessarily the most common, is acceptable.
- Contract addresses are an attack vector and should be checked carefully.
- Attached Logos should be PNG format with a transparent background.
- In case of duplicates, only the first submission should be accepted. The most recent submissions appear highest in the list.
- The token symbol should be a transparent PNG of at least 128x128px. It should not have a size of more than 1MB. It should be centered and take most of the space available in the image. It should not include the project or token name unless the symbol always includes it. It should be of a definition high enough such that it should not appear pixelated or blurry unless those are on-purpose features of the symbol.
- Minor issues with token symbols that are not visible to the naked eye when the symbol is displayed at a size of 10 cm by 10 cm should not be a basis for rejection.
- The logo should be fully included.
- Requests are not to be denied listing based on token creation date, token swap status (with non-ethereum chains), use case or token activity.
- All submissions must be tokens with smart contracts deployed on the Ethereum (ETH) mainnet.