Decentralized job application - PNK token holders to decide
The past two years with Kleros have been one hell of a ride. I’m hoping to start working with Kleros officially.
- I was thinking about applying for a job for a long time.
- I was waiting for the right timing (around the 2nd round token sale).
- I spoke with Federico and Stuart suggesting some improvements to the escrow.kleros.io.
- I had a chance to spend some time face-to-face in the UK and discuss in more detail.
An unforgettable week in the UK that included reunion with old friends, several talks and the first decentralized justice conference in history!
Why starting with escrow?
I have reported 20+ issues:
- We need to be better.
- I am taking ownership of that piece.
- I know the Solidity smart contract: https://github.com/kleros/kleros-interaction/issues/243#issuecomment-491905442
- I know how to make fixes to React front-end: https://github.com/kleros/escrow/pull/68
- I suggest hourly rate for the start.
- We could think forever about milestones.
- Not possible to know exactly the scope of the work before doing some work first.
I believe escrow is so revolutionary, it can onboard to crypto next million users.
“Chinese importers in Russia are buying up to $30 million a day of tether (USDT) from Moscow’s over-the-counter trading desks.”
Escrow payments provide enough incentive to switch to crypto:
- Censorship resistant
Just like like flying to Mars, multiple breakthroughs are making it possible:
- Reuse rockets
- Assemble ship on the orbit
- Send cargo first
- Manufacture fuel on Mars
Part-time contracting salary
For the first couple of months I’ll keep my existing job. This is for a number of reasons:
- immigration (BREXIT)
- credit affordability (investing in real-estate)
- try before you buy, do not marry on the first date
Let’s see what is reasonable: https://angel.co/company/kleros/jobs
- 2016-2017 I was earning £500 + VAT per day. £600 was $800 that equals $100 per hour.
- Currently on £76k salary that equals to $100k year.
- According to the payscale I’m in the 90 percentile of software engineerinig salaries in London.
- Checking transparency report - 180m allocated for team members.
- I fully support salary transparency, just like the Buffer spreadsheet.
Here is what I suggest for the start:
- $50 per hour (half of my old rate)
- 10 hours per week
Compensated in stock options (vested PNK) to ensure aligned incentives:
- 0.5% (see also this issue)
- 4 years vesting
- 6 months cliff
- the vesting period starting Wednesday 22nd January 2020 (date of the initial call)
- during the part-time period, the vesting is at 50% speed
(that incentivizes me to join full-time sooner, how soon is “soon” check this issue)
Going full-time: Chief Integration Officer
Overarching mission to ensure healthy ecosystem:
Simple logic, I think everyone can resonate with it:
- More cases
- More earnings for jurors
- More demand for the token
- Higher prices means solid crypto-economy, cost of 51% attack goes up
- Deploy your own PNK
- Deploy your own court hierarchy
- Assign PNK to test accounts
- Stake PNK in relevant courts
- Forward time in one click to simulate various outcomes of the jurors vote
- If you know how to use MetaMask and run
npm startthen you should be good to go
- Beyond pure rational mathematical crypto economics game theory
- Education about the Kleros protocol
Had some encounters with legacy legal system:
- 2017 messy divorce
- 4 different court threads (divorce, children, money, non-molestation)
- 10 hearings
- 2 years write off
Random stuff, various accomplishments
- TechCrunch hackathon in Shenzhen: https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/08/hackathon-shenzhen-techcrunch-2018/
Proof of Humanity: https://proofofhumanity.xyz - created Gitcoin grant and purchased the domain till 2028
System Change: https://genesis.re/book - Amazon does not let you “FREE” but you can publish to Google and price match
Is letter from Mt. Gox sufficient to claim OG status?
Been participating in The DAO and managed to withdraw all my tokens before the hack.
Have one of the longest vanity Bitcoin address
Almost 10k repuation, top 4% on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/775359/mars-robertson
Been to United Nations conference: https://genesis.re/360/cop24
Won the Kleros hackathon: Self Commitment In Todo App
Helped initiate the https://astralship.org
Google Doc (existing work)
I think about the balance, best of both worlds:
- Phase 1: User research first so we know exactly what we are doing
- Phase 2: Then developing the functionalities
Can we make this Google Doc public?
This is because it will be PNK holders who would vote whether to hire me.
I would like them to know the existing results of my work - it will help them make better, more informed decisions.
Additional reason - I would like to ask people about their experience (using escrow).
During the initial research realized that privacy of the escrow is very important and in the first weeks of my work I would like to focus on that.
- Nothing personal.
- Do what is in your best interest as a token holder. Doing anything else would be irrational.
- I’d probably reduce my stack of PNK to
0.5mand let the other guys do the work with the full confidence there are others better than me.
- Surely I’d reduce my activity on the Telegram, Forum, Slack and other channels to reclaim my time and focus on other money making activities.
- In fact, I’ll reduce my Telegram trolling one way or another. You’ll still be able to find me in Github commits, technical discussions on Slack and in-depth post on the Forum.
- I will vote to hire me with my own stack because I know it’s in my own best interest as a person, as well as the PNK holder.
- Even if the outcome of the vote is “NO” I’m hoping to earn some PNK via storytelling bounty.
- I’m originally from Europe.
- I have established my first limited company in the UK in 2011.
- I have opened a company in E-Estonia in 2017.
- Kleros Cooperative is a French entity.
- Any dispute to be resolved by the Kleros court, employment arbitration category (to be created).
- I encourage discussion and feedback.
- I encourage the existing core team to comment and vote with their PNK, in fact I want to make it the highest attendance vote ever.
- https://governance.kleros.io/ - so far the votes attracted up to 4%… I’d really to see 10% turnout, that would be amazing, with new token holders (2nd round of sale) I believe it is possible!
- Forum post with decentralized job application job offer is marketing.
- Google Doc asking for your input is marketing.
- Asking to vote with your PNK is marketing (it shows that DAOs can make decisions, thrive, operate fast).
PS. Here are the instructions how to build your own icosahedron.